[asterisk-users] keep asterisk in RAM

Jeff LaCoursiere jeff at jeff.net
Tue Nov 24 08:56:32 CST 2009

On Tue, 24 Nov 2009, Richard Kenner wrote:

>> On a closely related note, has anyone built a normal (not embedded)
>> system on SSD?
>
> I've been running Asterisk on a 20GB SSD drive for a while now.

What mft/model?

I was recently quoted a 4GB Compact Flash drive as part of a small system
we plan to run asterisk on.  Loosely tieing this to the recent thread on
swap configuration, assuming a small number of SIP phones and no PSTN
hardware, we were planning on 1GB of RAM to avoid swapping to this CF
device.

I know that CF cards have a limited number of writes before frying.  If we
keep it from using swap am I really only concerned about voicemail and
logs?

Cheers,