[asterisk-users] keep asterisk in RAM

jefferson alexandre jefferson.alexandre at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 07:36:41 CST 2009

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 11:21 AM, Jerry Geis <geisj at pagestation.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to keep asterisk in RAM
> and tell linux not to swap it out (ever).
>
> There are times when delays are noticed and I presume
> its due to linux swapping out the program. As if I call right back in
> then everything responds right away. Wait awhile and the same thing
> might occur.
>
> How can I keep asterisk always in RAM?

How  much RAM your system have?
Concurrent calls?
Write or encode calls on disk?

You have other softwares (like databases) running on same machine?

Maybe, you shoul run the vmstat, ps, top and other tools to detect the
bootleneck on your system, and read about " kernel swappiness":

http://kerneltrap.org/node/3000