[asterisk-users] Portec - feedback wanted

F6HQZ f6hqz-m at hamwlan.net
Sun Nov 22 13:54:34 CST 2009

Hi Michael,

It does what it is announced/supposed to do.
I have checked and know well all the Portech GSM/SIP family.

But, be carefull, because under the same reference you can buy/receive different hardware versions :
- 2, 3 or 4 GSM frequencies bands
- Siemens or Simcom GSM modules

So, the audio quality is best with Siemens module, and, depending of the GSM base near from your site, you must have the correct
radio band !
To avoid bad surprise or issue, buy the quadband and Siemens version only.
Check with your provider, because it's never well explained and you risk to have the bad one, because it's always easier to propose
the lower price with the most poor version to win sales...

Best Regards,
Francois
France