[asterisk-users] Cisco 7961 - can't place calls

Luki lugosoft at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 00:29:00 CST 2009

> Thanks for the reply.  I am not getting any output from the Asterisk CLI when I place the call.  The phone give busy signal as soon as I push the first digit of the extension #.

Sounds like the same problems I am having with the 7971G (see my
message on this list couple days ago). In my case it's an
authentication mismatch between the matched peer and the peer name in
the SIP message. Try turning sip debug on and see if the packets give
you some hints. Incoming calls also always work for me.

Luki