[asterisk-users] How to change outgoing DTMF frequencies on zaptel?

Zeeshan Zakaria zishanov at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 17:03:20 CST 2009

Hi,

I am having this issue that with one of the Asterisk servers, on zaptel
hardware, that DTMF tones are 10-30 Hz too high than the upper limit for any
DTMF digit frequency. This is causing problem with the equipment on the
other end which is trying to recognize the DTMF digits. I tried different
cards from the same vendor but it didn't help. For example for digit 1 where
it should generate 697 Hz, it would generate 712 Hz, and where it should
generate 1209 Hz, it would generate 1230 Hz.

Talking to the hardware support, they said it is not dependent on the
hardware. I googled and found very little information, but apparently it was
an issue with ztcfg and zaptel, but it was fixed more than a year ago.

I found that in dsp.c file we could change the frequencies, but that is only
for the incoming DTMF.

Is there a way to change DTMF frequencies for the outgoing DTMF? If I could
drop all the frequencies by 15 Hz, that might solve the problem which I am
having.

--
Zeeshan A Zakaria