[asterisk-users] PHP AGI : handle Event /AGI session

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Fri Nov 20 15:03:30 CST 2009

>> On Fri, 20 Nov 2009, mickael ropars wrote:
>>
>>> someone send a URL to call someone a PHP script (script 1) is launch
>>> and in its I configure Astmanager in order to make an originating call
>>> then my script stop running and Asterisk continue processing the call
>>> in an extension when hangup occurs I execute another AGI script
>>> (script 2).

When you write your AGI script*, do yourself a favor and use an existing
library -- don't try to write your own.

The AGI protocol is not complex, it's just been my experience that
everybody gets it wrong the first time around :)

*) I write my AGIs in C. If you expect performance to ever be an issue,
you can execute hundreds of AGIs written in a compiled language (like C)
in the time it will take to load a script interpreter (like Perl or PHP)
and parse a single script.

--
Thanks in advance,