[asterisk-users] Newbie

Michael Hausl michael at hausl.com
Thu Nov 19 15:48:25 CST 2009

Hi,

I just started with Asterisk as I am very unhappy with the functionality
of my current PBX at home. I try to understand everything and play
around, but it is not as easy as I thought. So please be patient if this
is a too easy question for You.

I installed Asterisk 1.4.26.3 on a Debian Lenny with IP 192.168.2.147

My extension.conf looks like this:
  [default]
  exten => 1001,1,Answer()
  exten => 1001,n,Playback(hello-world)
  exten => 1001,n,Hangup()

  exten => 2000,1,Dial(SIP/2000)

My sip.conf:
  [general]
  port=5060
  bindaddr=0.0.0.0

  [2000]
  type=friend
  secret=1234
  host=dynamic

I configured a Linphone client on my Ubuntu system. It registers at the
Asterisk server. When I type "console dial 1001" it works, when I type
"console dial 2000" on the CLI, my Linphone client rings.
When I call "sip:1001 at 192.168.2.147" from Linphone nothing happens at
all, even when I set the verbose level to 5 I get no output in CLI.

Where is my fault?
Thanks for Your help in advance