[asterisk-users] Asterisk crashes : Failed to start PBX

Neo Anderson voipexpert at ymail.com
Thu Nov 19 00:19:09 CST 2009

Hello,

I am using Asterisk 1.4.24.1 version in production.
OS is Centos 5.3 64 bit & RAM is 8 GB.
I am facing crash in asterisk approx each 12 hour.
When it crashes I see  below linesin asterisk logs.
[Nov 18 06:47:23] WARNING[8730] pbx.c: Failed to create new channel thread
[Nov 18 06:47:23] WARNING[8730] chan_sip.c: Failed to start PBX :(
I debugged asterisk source code in details &  I found that it happens because it can not allocate memory to create thread.

Another thing is, when I check coredump using gdb, it's not showing any debug symbols.

Would you please let me know how to prevent or resolve this?

Thanks in advance!!

--
Regards,
voipexpert