[asterisk-users] can't call through voip provider

Jared Smith jsmith at digium.com
Wed Nov 18 08:28:07 CST 2009

On Wed, 2009-11-18 at 06:01 -0800, Landy Landy wrote:
> Please help me with this, I can find any solution on this pls help. Your help will be very appreciated. Thanks.

It appears that Asterisk keeps sending an SIP INVITE message to your
provider, but not getting any kind of response.  After a number of
attempts at re-transmitting the message, it's giving up.

You need to check your network configuration and find out why responses
from the provider aren't getting back to your Asterisk system.  This is
typically a problem with firewalls, either on the Asterisk system itself
or between Asterisk and your VoIP provider.

--
Jared Smith
Training Manager