[asterisk-users] newbie question

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Tue Nov 17 13:49:18 CST 2009

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009, Noah Miller wrote:

> You could also make it much simpler and just set your verbosity very
> low or just turn it off, so there are very few messages coming across
> your screen.  Unless you're on a really busy machine, you should be
> able to read most of the help screens.
>
> core set verbose 0

Unfortunately, when your boss comes in and says "Why did this just*
happen?," those logs are kind of handy.

I like a lot of logging on production systems. I funnel everything from
every server to a single loghost via syslog. First thing every morning, a
cron job "bzip2s" the previous days syslog file and saves it as
"syslog.bz2-$(date +%d)" so I always have 30 days logs on tap and don't
have to worry about deleting old log files.

*) Sometime in the last 30 days.

--
Thanks in advance,