[asterisk-users] newbie question

Alex Samad alex at samad.com.au
Tue Nov 17 12:42:31 CST 2009

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 09:09:39AM -0800, Steve Edwards wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 11:33:45AM -0500, Bill Shaw wrote:
> >> Hi All,

[snip]

> > 2. Run from the external shell prompt:
> >
> >  asterisk -rx 'help <whatever>' | less
>
> Or, you can use the "script" command to capture the output to a file so
> you can refer to it as needed.

I find screen helpful here you can set the scroll back buffer to a large
number and you can detach the running screen from the console to
reattach some time later.

my default scroll back buffer is set to around 1000 usually enough to
capture what I need, plus you can cut paste between screens

--
"It's amazing I won. I was running against peace, prosperity, and incumbency."

	- George W. Bush
06/14/2001
speaking to Swedish Prime Minister Goran Perrson, unaware that a live television camera was still rolling.