[asterisk-users] asterisk-users Digest, Vol 64, Issue 52

Bill Shaw b.shaw at comcast.net
Tue Nov 17 11:20:03 CST 2009

Thanks for the speedy response, Danny.

So you recommend I run something like:

asterisk -vvvvr | tee ast-help.txt

Then when I need help on a command I request it on the command line,  exit to the shell,  edit (or whatever) the .txt file to find the command syntax I am looking for,  then re-enter the asterisk cli?  Kind of defeats the purpose of 'online help'  doesn't it?

Not trying to be a smart-a$$,  just hoping to find something a little smoother.  Is there a better way,  or is help as useless as it is starting to appear?

Thanks,

Bill