[asterisk-users] Question about OSLEC or HPEC with AsteriskNow

Martin Roy mroy at mac.com
Mon Nov 16 19:22:00 CST 2009

I was previously using an old computer running Asterisk 1.2 with
zaptel. Once the CPU fried I switch to a new computer and I chose
AsteriskNow 1.5 running in 64bits to simplify the installation
process. I manage to find my way with configuring dahdi instead of
zaptel and to switch all my previous config to the new computer. Now
everything is fine except that even if I use the md2 echo cancellation
it's not perfect I still have echo issue. So I made some search around
and found that there's oslec and hpec out there that seems to be
better then what I'm currently using. So my question should I use hpec
or oslec with my TDM400 card? I also tried to recompile dahdi to use
oslec (before I found that Digium had hpec) but then I get an error
message that the source of my kernel cannot be found so I can never
actually compile a new version of dahdi.

Thanks

Martin