[asterisk-users] Changing labels on Phones

Jonathan Thurman jthurman42 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 10:25:20 CST 2009

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 7:29 AM, Peder <peder at networkoblivion.com> wrote:
> I'm pretty sure it only pulls the background image during a reboot.

On a 79x0, yes.  On the 79x1 phones the user can change the background
to a list of custom images that you provide.  It downloads the image
on the fly, and applies it.

Here is a link to a reboot script http://www.dave.vc/wordpress/?p=14
that uses your ability to "press keys" on the phone.  You could apply
the same idea to "press" the correct buttons to change the background
without rebooting.

I can't find the script that I found to do this, but I'll keep looking
when I get a chance.

-Jonathan