[asterisk-users] Database postgresql not able to start

Barry L. Kline blkline at attglobal.net
Mon Nov 16 07:24:14 CST 2009

James Texter wrote:
> I found that on a clean boot, I could not connect to Postgresql either.
> In my /etc/rc.local, I unload cdr_pgsql.so, sleep 15, then reload the
> module, and that seems to work.  After bootup, cdr_pgsql.so is able to
> connect immediately.

This sounds as though you have Asterisk starting before PostgreSQL.  If
you're using CentOS or RHEL or other RHEL-inspired distro look at
/etc/init.d/asterisk and /etc/init.d/postgresql.

Compare the line in each that looks like:

# chkconfig:  2345 xx yy

The 'xx' is the start priority.  If the number is lower in the asterisk
file than it is in the postgresql file then that's your problem.  You
need PG to start before Asterisk.

man chkconfig

for further details on what you can do.

Barry