[asterisk-users] Kamailio and asterisk Integration

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Mon Nov 16 05:53:56 CST 2009

I suppose that would depend on how the information about the
registrations is organised;  do you want Asterisk to query some sort
of database used for backing these registrars and figure out where the
contact binding for a given AOR resides?  AGI and func_odbc provide
fine ways to do that.

As a practical matter, the simplest solution is to send the call to
both registrars - if users only register to one at a time.  The one
that the user is not registered to will return a 404 Not Found and the
other will return call progress.  The only price to pay is a little
extra bandwidth per call for the additional signaling, but you also
save unnecessary database queries, script invocations, and/or other
process related to the resolution of the appropriate registrar.

This does not sound like very good design, however.  If I am inferring
your intent correctly from your post, you are placing high-performance
nodes (Kamailio) at the access edge and using a low-performance
element in the central core (Asterisk), relatively speaking.  Also,
there should be some logic to the use of particular registrars for
particular users;  it should not simply be an arbitrary choice, and
you should not need a "meta-location" server.  If there is logic, you
can route based on that logic.

--
Sent from mobile device