[asterisk-users] Odd Local Channel and 0 billsec issue

Ishfaq Malik ish at pack-net.co.uk
Mon Nov 16 04:01:22 CST 2009

Hi

I've been noticing an odd issue with our servers (1.4.17) where a large
number of one particular customer's (we operate a hosted VoIP platform)
calls go through a Local channel rather than the SIP channel and
whenever this happens our asterisk CDR is recording a billsec value of 0.

Our outgoing calls to POTS are sent through a separate carrier and we
get a daily CDR off them in which these same calls have a non 0 duration
so we are obviously making a loss on these calls.

All out customers outgoing calls go through the same macro which is as
follows
[macro-extcall]
;Macro created by Ish to handle external calls
exten => s,1,Set(CALLERID(all)=${ARG2})
exten => s,2,Dial(SIP/44${ARG1}@carrier)
exten => s,3,Hangup
exten => s,102,Playtones(busy)
exten => s,103,Congestion

I've seen the same issue very occasionally with other customers but with
one particular customer a large proportion, but not all the calls show
this issue.

Has anyone had any experience of similar issues?

Thanks in advance

Ish
--
Ishfaq Malik