[asterisk-users] Changing labels on Phones

Alec Davis sivad.a at paradise.net.nz
Mon Nov 16 01:55:47 CST 2009

I have done a similar exercise for Grandstream GXP2000 phones, to display
the extension number, user name, DND status.
It uses apache, php and mysql. Uses SIP Notify to update the phone's
display. Phone display status changes within 2 seconds.

I published the initial test version at the following address,
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/GXP-2000+XML+Idle+Screen

We do have some CISCO 7940's but never got around to doing the XML to play
the appropriate deck of cards.

Alec Davis
  _____