[asterisk-users] VeriFone Omni VX-510 Credit Card Machine

Magnus Benngård magnus.b at inputinterior.se
Sun Nov 15 09:50:19 CST 2009

I know, we can attach something called "btb-box" (encrypt tcp/ip package)
at the vx-510 and run the transactions over ethernet, I have tested it and
ofc it works but...

Our credit card processor charge us around 15 dollar per month for the
"btb-box".

We need one "btb-box" per office, we have 20 offices atm and are growing.

I will try to hassle around some more, prefer to spend that money on
"funnier" things.

Unless it's not possible with your credit card processor, I would
recommend switching to the ethernet version of the vx-510--no hassle and
faster processing.

--Don

Don Kelly

PCF Corp
 People Come First
 651 842-1000
 888 Don Kell(y)
 651 842-1001 fax
-------------------------

FROM: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] ON BEHALF OF Magnus
Benngård
 SENT: Sunday, November 15, 2009 7:29 AM
 TO: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
 SUBJECT: [asterisk-users] VeriFone Omni VX-510 Credit Card Machine

Gentlemen,

 I am trying to find a solution for running a VX-510 over SIP.
 I know they have a BTB box that u can use for that purpose but it is, at
least in Sweden,
 very expensive.

 What I would like to do is something like below.

 VX-510 -- SPA2102 -- Asterisk --H.323 trunk-- Avaya CM -- PSTN

 Asterisk version 1.6.2
 PTlib version 1.12.0
 H323Plus version 1.19.7

 Running on Debian Lenny

 The VX.510 dials, get connection with other side but when the VX-510
tries to upgrade itself, the call get disconnected. :(

 I think I have messed a round with almost all parameters.

 Do u think it i possible or should i drop it?
 Any ideas that I can try?

Med vänliga hälsningar
 MAGNUS BENNGRD

 Direktnr