[asterisk-users] Inquiry:Problem in installing Asterisk 1.4.13 on my Debian 3.1 server

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sun Nov 15 02:49:55 CST 2009

On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 06:27:38AM +0000, hadi motamedi wrote:
> Sorry . I tried to install gcc but I got the following error :
> #apt-get update
> #apt-get install gcc

You probably meant:

  apt-get install build-essential

This installs the basic packages needed for building.

> "E:Package gcc has no installation candidate"

Debian 3.1 is no longer maintained and no longer available from standard
Debian mirrors.

If you really want it, it is still archived in
http://archive.debian.org/ . If you look around there (read the README
files) you'll actually find how to configure it as an apt source.
However I have no idea why you insist on using that old version.

Consider this an answer to your question on debian-user as well :-)

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com