[asterisk-users] Multi Tenant Asterisk Server ?

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Fri Nov 13 16:54:35 CST 2009

On Fri, 2009-11-13 at 19:55 +0000, Gavin Spurgeon wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> What I hope is a simple question...
> As the subject states, I would like to know if anyone has setup a
> Multi Tenant Asterisk Server ?
>
> If so, what would I need to do to get to a Multi Tenant setup
> (preferably an Open Source solution) ?
>
> Any suggestions/comments/pointers/URLs ?
<snip>
Entirely doable and reasonably well documented in the literature.  Pay
particular attention to the use of contexts.  If I recall correctly, the
followme and meetme applications do not support contexts.  I believe you
also have to be careful with SIP ids even in different contexts (someone
correct me on that if I'm wrong as Asterisk is only a small part of my
job and so the details are not always fresh in my mind).  For those, we
rely upon some other globally unique attribute, e.g., in our
environment, all tenants have a unique posix uid and username.  We use
that username for the SIP ID and the uid for the meetme and followme
identifiers.  Hope this helps - John

PS - Ah - multi-tenant parking - it is broken as recently as 1.6.1.7.
There is a patch which works perfectly.  I do not know if that patch was
included in 1.6.1.8.  In fact, if someone knows, please respond as we
need to do that upgrade for security purposes and are concerned about
breaking multi-tenant parking.
--
John A. Sullivan III
Open Source Development Corporation