[asterisk-users] TE121 - Idle system load at ~0.3 - Bad DAHDI 2.2.0.2 behaviour ?!

Shaun Ruffell sruffell at digium.com
Fri Nov 13 13:18:06 CST 2009

On 11/11/2009 02:08 PM, Ex Vito wrote:
>   We've been experiencing some tough time regarding a new Asterisk installation
>   connected to the PSTN via an ISDN PRI with a Digium TE121 with the optional
>   VPMADT032 echo cancellation module.

It appears there may be a regression in dahdi-linux 2.2.0 with regards
to the wcte12xp driver and the VPMADT032 module (as discussed
https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=15724).  Would you be willing to
try at least revision 7584 of
http://svn.asterisk.org/svn/dahdi/linux/branches/2.2 and report your
results on that issue?

>   Extra information / question:
>
>   A quick peek at https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=15498&nbn=18
>   also lead me to test loading the wcte12xp driver with "vpmsupport=0".
>
>   The system load behaviour is exactly the same.

The idle load you're seeing can be a little misleading, but essentially,
once you load the drivers for both the wctdm24xxp and wcte12xp, there is
a fixed cost associated with continuously moving the TDM data to/from
the card.  The load imposed by the drivers would only go up after this
point if a) software echocan is enabled, or b) you're conferencing many
calls in the kernel.  Otherwise....it's fixed.

--
Shaun Ruffell
Digium, Inc. | Linux Kernel Developer