[asterisk-users] FW: hi Dan

C. Savinovich c.savinovich at itntelecom.com
Fri Nov 13 02:02:24 CST 2009

How do you know a good soccer player when you see one? If you are a good
scout, just by his body language.  Just by seeing him how he walks and
positions himself on a field.  By the time he touches the ball, he is either
eliminated from my list of prospects or he is marked as "good to be
considered".

How do you know a good technical person when you see one? Because
irrespective of wherever he/she is from, regardless of his language, social
status, and even upbringing, he KNOWS WHAT GOOGLE IS. The desire to
investigate, research, and READ must be born with him the same day he is
born.

There is a saying that goes "you can't tech a man anything, you can only
help him find himself".  In this case, this man has been attentively helped,
and his questions have been duly answered more than once in this forum.  He
has been told in no uncertain terms to SEARCH IN GOOGLE... That is the
answer, based in the fact that he will find plenty of solutions to HIS
particular question within 1 minute.  He doesn't listen.  And listening is
not a cultural constrain (perhaps if we call him "little grasshopper"  will
he be more attentive?).

To me, he doesn't have it.  I have friends who ask me all the time to teach
them programming and I ignore them.  Inside I know that they don't have it
because a real programmer never asks another to teach him to program,
therefore I would save myself the time.  But maybe I am wrong, maybe this
guy will learn from what we are trying to tell him... I hope.

CS