[asterisk-users] RTP traffic through Asterisk??

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Fri Nov 13 08:03:56 CST 2009

On Fri, 2009-11-13 at 11:44 +0100, Ignacio wrote:
> I have just established a call between 2 sip phones and I have noticed
> that all RTP traffic goes through Asterisk Server.
>
> I was expecting RTP traffic went to one phone to another phone directly.
>
> I set canreinvite=yes in sip.conf in both sip peers.
>
> I also tested it with 2 mgcp phones and same result, all rtp traffic
> goes through Asterisk.
>
> Is there any way to force traffic to go from one phone to another?
<snip>
I don't recall where it is off-hand but, somewhere in the Asterisk
documentation, there is an explanation of how Asterisk makes a decision
about reinvites.  You may want to look at that to see if your
environment satisfies all the requirements and how it can be adapted if
it does not - John
--
John A. Sullivan III
Open Source Development Corporation