[asterisk-users] BLF with SPA941?

Leif Neland leifn at neland.dk
Fri Nov 13 02:26:58 CST 2009

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ex Vito
  Sent: Thursday, November 12, 2009 3:59 PM
  Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] BLF with SPA941?

  Although I've never tested such feature on those devices, I know
   that it was only enabled in a recent firmware (6.1.3a/6.1.5a ?).

   Are you running it ?

Appearently, the latest firmware for SPA9x1 is 5.1.8, the SPA9x1 is not receiving the 5.2. and 6.1 firmware.
There is a somewhat heated discussion here, which I unfortunately didn't read before ordering.

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/thread/1541

SPA9X1 are our entry-level business IP Phones. Their feature set will not evolve (no new features are expected on this series) from what's existing today (5.1.8). For LDAP and other features we recommend the SPA9X2 product family, which is our mainstream SIP Small Business IP phones family.

I am still thinking this i a "political" decision, and the SPA9x1 would be able to support the BLF etc features.

Reminds me of a rumour that an upgrade to some photocopiers to offer more features, costing several k$, were simply a technician cutting a jumper; the hardware were already ready.

But I'm not ready to try forcing a SPA9x2-software into a SPA941.

Leif