[asterisk-users] allowguest defaults to yes for SIP

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Fri Nov 13 01:46:30 CST 2009

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 12:38:22PM +1300, Matt Riddell wrote:
> On 13/11/09 12:33 PM, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 12:19:54PM +1300, Matt Riddell wrote:
> >
> >> Maybe the best way would be to make it that the default context only
> >> provides the info from the examples unless you provide an option:
> >>
> >> read_security_document=yes
> >
> > Asterisk used to require that you set have 'TELEPHONY=yes' in
> > /etc/{sysconfig,default}/asterisk to start running. This is no longer
> > the case. Such requirements are not the thing that will make the user
> > read the documentation, and they get in the way of automating the
> > installation.
>
> Yeah, but would you automate an install with additional contents in the
> default context?

The init.d script is not installed automatically on 'make install' . At
least not if you have an existing one. Likewise is
/etc/{default,sysconfig}/asterisk .

Are you one of the selected few who actually read licenses before
pressing on 'I agree'? If that definition is what it takes to get
Asterisk working, it will become yet another confirmation button.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com