[asterisk-users] Questions about Dahdi's /etc/dahdi/genconf_parameters

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Fri Nov 13 00:53:58 CST 2009

2009/11/12 Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com>

> On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 01:43:48PM +0100, Olivier wrote:

> ?

> > > This implies you will know span numbers in advance. I would like better
> > > ways to specify configuration.
> > >

> > Really ?
> > I used this [span1] header as an example. Using any other string would be
> > fine for me as what matters, if I'm not mistaken, is the group_lines
> number
> > :
> >
> > [foo]
> > group_lines             1
> > pri_termtype
> >          SPAN/1          TE
> >          SPAN/2          TE
> >
> > [bar]
> > group_lines             2
>
> How can you tell which spans / channels will use each section?

My understanding of Dahdi is that I mostly need a group number to use with
Dial application :
Dial(DAHDI/g1/0123456789).

To get that dahdi-channels.conf file generated with dahdi_genconf, the only
missing feature (if my understanding is correct) is to be able to group
together a couple of ports so that I could either include in my diaplans,
lines such as Dial(DAHDI/g1/0123456789) or Dial(DAHDI/g2/9876543210).

So with a /etc/dahdi/genconf_parameters like this ...

[foo]
group_lines             1
pri_termtype
          SPAN/1        TE

[bar]
group_lines             2
pri_termtype
          SPAN/2        TE

... I think we've got everything needed to generate a
/etc/asterisk/dahdi-channels.conf file this :

; Span 1: B4/0/1 "B4XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 1" (MASTER) AMI/CCS
group=1,11
context=remote
switchtype = euroisdn
signalling = bri_cpe_ptmp
channel => 1-2
context = default
group = 63

; Span 2: B4/0/2 "B4XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 2" AMI/CCS
group=2,12
context=remote
switchtype = euroisdn
signalling = bri_cpe_ptmp
channel => 4-5
context = default
group = 63

So I don't understand where I would have to "tell which spans / channels
will use each section". The only purpose of sections within
genconf_parameters is to set the scope of parameters like group_lines.

Am I correct to think I can't today generate
/etc/asterisk/dahdi-channels.conf files in which 2 groups of BRI ports are
defined ?