[asterisk-users] TDM400p , asteriskNow and may other woes.....

Humanx2000 humanx2000 at aol.com
Thu Nov 12 18:13:08 CST 2009

Hello all,

I am new to asterisk and have spent a good 4 or 5 days trying to get
things sorted out. I initially installed it in Fedora Core 11 and
compiled mods + asterisk. After much problems, I went with asteriskNow.
The biggest problem I am have is getting some kind of base configuration
going. I have been all over Google, but what I oftwen find is
conflicting or outdated information. Commands to use that no longer work
because things have changed from zaptel to dahdi.

I have a TDM400P with 1 FXO module and 1 FXS module installed. The card
is readily seen. I cannot get a dial tone (and I did plug in the power).
And am unsure what to do.

1. /etc/init.d/asterisk does not exist, so I have no idea how the system
is even starting.
2. The /etc/asterisk folder has zapata.conf.template AND
chan_dahdi.conf.template. Which one am I supposed to use?

Anyone want to take some pity? Just looking to get to the point of a
dial tone. At least will know things are working. I can go on from
there. But at this point I am stuck. Not trying to take the lazy way
out, just trying to get a handle on this. BELIEVE ME I have put forth a
GREAT deal of effort. Went to the irc channel and though there were some
200 users, most were prob just idleing. Been all over the forums. And
every google "setup tdm400p asterisk" page that exists.

Just want to plug in regular telephone, and dial out through my
telephone company.

Thanks

------------------------
dmesg
------------------------
Nov  8 00:01:37 localhost kernel: Module 0: Installed -- AUTO FXS/DPO
Nov  8 00:01:37 localhost kernel: Module 1: Not installed
Nov  8 00:01:37 localhost kernel: Module 2: Not installed
Nov  8 00:01:37 localhost kernel: Module 3: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
Nov  8 00:01:37 localhost kernel: Found a Wildcard TDM: Wildcard TDM400P
REV E/F (2 modules)
Nov  8 00:01:37 localhost kernel: dahdi_transcode: Loaded.

----------------------------------
dahdi_cfg -vv
----------------------------------
DAHDI Tools Version - 2.2.0

DAHDI Version: 2.2.0.2
Echo Canceller(s): MG2
Configuration

Channel map:

Channel 01: FXO Kewlstart (Default) (Echo Canceler: mg2) (Slaves: 01)
Channel 04: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Echo Canceler: mg2) (Slaves: 04)

2 channels to configure.

Setting echocan for channel 1 to mg2
Setting echocan for channel 4 to mg2