[asterisk-users] allowguest defaults to yes for SIP

Tilghman Lesher tlesher at digium.com
Thu Nov 12 12:42:13 CST 2009

On Thursday 12 November 2009 12:08:39 Lee Howard wrote:
> Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> > On Thursday 12 November 2009 09:53:17 Lee Howard wrote:
> >> And yet this point is not even made clear in the doc/security.txt file.
> >> It says to not use "default" for anything you don't want to get abused,
> >> but it doesn't say *why*.  So I can envision, then, someone reading the
> >> document and then changing context=internal in the [general] section of
> >> sip.conf... and thinking that they responded correctly to what the
> >> document said.
> >
> > You've just made a case for enhancing the documentation, not for changing
> > the defaults.  If you contribute documentation changes to this effect on
> > the issue tracker, I would be more than happy to commit them.
>
> The patch is attached.  Feel free to add it to bug tracker issue ID
> 16226 which some maintainer was happy enough to close already.

The issue in question was suspended, while the reporter makes the case on the
Asterisk-dev mailing list, which is not this list.  The opinions there amongst
contributors (meritocracy, not democracy) are that keeping the sample
configuration as it is now is probably the way to go.

If you want to create a new issue and attach your patch there, I'll look at
it.

--
Tilghman Lesher