[asterisk-users] How to send DTMF on Zaptel with 50ms tone duration and 50ms gap between the digits?

Zeeshan Zakaria zishanov at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 11:30:17 CST 2009

Hi,

After some testing I've found out that my client's hardware recognizes DTMF
only if digits are sent 50ms apart with 50ms of tone duration. This was
tested using a test device which generates DTMF.

Now asterisk doesn't do it by default because digits going out from Asterisk
are not being recognized.

Using command sendDTMF, I can control inter-digit duration, and using
toneduration I can control duration of tone per digit. But I can't find a
way to do both at the same time

Application sendDTMF simply ignores the value set in toneduration and sends
DTMF at some default value, which I don't know what it is, but it is
obviously not 50ms because the hardware can't reliably recognized the
digits.

Is there a way I can send digits with 50ms tone duration and 50ms gap
between them?

--
Zeeshan A Zakaria