[asterisk-users] Can't connect to voip provider over NAT

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Thu Nov 12 10:53:32 CST 2009

On Thu, 2009-11-12 at 14:50 +1100, Michael Wyres wrote:
> Have you tried "nat=yes" in the definition in sip.conf?

	I think this is more a problem that you are not setting your external
IP address correctly so the provider can send RTP back to you.  Make
sure you have either "externip", "externhost" or "stunaddr"(1.6) set
correctly.  The do a "sip show settings" in the CLI to see if the
correct address is set.  If you are behind nat "canreinvite" should be
set to no.

Carlos Chávez Prats
Director de Tecnología
+52-55-91169161 ext 2001