[asterisk-users] Asterisk keeps sending invite to sip phone "No response to critical packet"

marcus wells best.nose at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 02:52:07 CST 2009

Thanks Alex

I suspected that no ack was being sent/received too. The invites are getting
sent to the phone but nothing is coming back from the phone to the firewall.
Does anybody know how I can sniff packets being sent and received to/from
the phone and/or modem router the phone is connected to? I can't upload
software to the modem/router or the phone (ie a packet sniffer). Can packets
be sniffed from a linux box on the lan (please excuse my ignorance!)? If so
can anybody point me to a resource that may help?

Thanks for any help

Marcus

Asterisk is not receiving replies to the INVITE - probably due to NAT
issues.