[asterisk-users] Questions about Dahdi's /etc/dahdi/genconf_parameters

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Wed Nov 11 15:23:53 CST 2009

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 08:24:53PM +0100, Olivier wrote:
> 2009/11/10 Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com>
>
> > On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 06:06:12PM +0100, Olivier wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > 1. How can specify in /etc/dahdi/genconf_parameters file that a port from
> > > B410P board is to be "disabled".
> >
> > There's currently no way to do that.
> >
> > It should be trivial to implment. The more difficult part of it would be
> > how to define exactly what spans / channels to disable.
> >
> > But why do you need that?
> >

> I don't really know why I thought I needed that feature but as some gateways
> implement this feature (the ability to enable or disable each port), I must
> have told myself I may have missed here.
>
> On a general point of view, as most Dahdi cards have a light showing nearby
> port status, it should ideally possible, to turn this light off when a port
> is disabled.
>
> But I must also add it doesn't seem very important to me to have this
> implemented.

dahdi_genconf is an optional tool. Ideally it should need no
configuration at all and generate configuration that Just Works (though
the fact that it can do that indicates that the current defaults are
broken).

It should not be another configuration layer. If the configuration it
has generated is not good enough, you can also manually edit it.

> > > Playing with comments (see bellow) doesn't help : file
> > > /etc/asterisk/dahdi-channels.conf is filled with 4 ports data.
> > >
> > > pri_termtype
> > >         SPAN/1          TE
> > >         SPAN/2          TE
> > >         SPAN/3          TE
> > > #       SPAN/4          TE
> >
> > Currently pri_termtype is the only directive in dahdi_genconf that uses
> > this "list" syntax. I'm not very happy with it.
> >
> > I'm not exactly sure if there should be some sort of generic way of
> > adding per-span (span? channel? how do you define a span?) definitions.
> > Think of ssh_config.
> >

> What about adding per-span section headers like Asterisk .conf files ?
> [span1]
> group_lines             1
> pri_termtype
>         SPAN/1          TE
>         SPAN/2          TE
>
> [span2]
> group_lines             2
> pri_termtype
>         SPAN/2          TE

This implies you will know span numbers in advance. I would like better
ways to specify configuration.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com