[asterisk-users] DAHDIScan() only returns dead air

S H shdashbeta at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 10:00:15 CST 2009

Hello,

I'm running Asterisk 1.4.26.2, DAHDI 2.2.0.2, and libpri 1.4.10.2 on Ubuntu
with a Digium TE122 connected to my PRI.

I have an extension setup so that managers can monitor calls:
----
# grep 9900 /etc/asterisk/extensions.conf
exten => 9900,1,DAHDIScan()
exten => 9900,2,Hangup
----

For whatever reason, this no longer works. It's not often used, so I don't
even know when it stopped working. But now whenever I dial 9900, I just get
dead air. The * key works to terminate the call, so I assume the # key is
cycling through channels - but even if there's a few calls going on, I get
no audio from this extension.

Calling 9900 yields this log message:
----
Executing [9900 at from-sip-internal:1] DAHDIScan("SIP/7007-08479148", "") in
new stack
----

But switching channels shows nothing. Documentation on DAHDIScan() or its
predecessor ZapScan() is pretty sparse. How do I track this down?

-SH