[asterisk-users] how to configure softphones in asterisk

Barry L. Kline blkline at attglobal.net
Tue Nov 10 12:32:54 CST 2009

asterisk at opensourcesolution.in wrote:

> Hi,
> hi all.Iam new to VOIP so plz forgive me on asking stupid questions. I
> have installed Asterisk on Centos 5.3,
> and dowloaded X-LITE softphone on two windows machine. now i want to
> start from very basic scenario, i want to make two X-Lite phones
> communicate through asterisk.
> guys plz plz tell me what r those impt files in asterisk so that both
> softphone (X-Lite) should start communicating.any support and guidance
> will be highly appreciated.
> Regards,
> Pawan

Would you please stop sending this and just do the research.  May I suggest:

Asterisk: The Future of Telephony 2nd Edition (ISBN 0-596-51048-9) ---
Order yours at http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/9780596510480/ --- Free
downloadable PDF http://downloads.oreilly.com/books/9780596510480.pdf
--- HTML at http://astbook.asteriskdocs.org

Everything you need for this is in this book.