[asterisk-users] Is voicemail to text possible?

Zeeshan Zakaria zishanov at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 12:10:02 CST 2009

I agree with you regarding offshore human decoding, and wondering if Skype
is doing the same. If you get voicemail converted to text in about 10-20
minute, most probably it is a human listening and typing it. To hire a few
people to do it in some cheap part of the world where they can understand
and write English for a few cents is entirely possible.

Zeeshan

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 9:17 AM, Danny Nicholas <danny at debsinc.com> wrote:

>  You could try CMU Sphinx
>
> http://cmusphinx.sourceforge.net/html/cmusphinx.php
>

> The best speech recognition available today is offshore human decoding,
> unfortunately.

> *Subject:* [asterisk-users] Is voicemail to text possible?
>

> Hi,
>
> I understand that speech recognition technology is not very reliable, but
> skype has has launched a voicemail to text service, and googling showed that
> some other companies are also offering similar services. I haven't used any
> such service yet, but was curious is there any open source software
> available, which, to some extent, could help converting speech from
> voicemial wav files to text files and could be used with Asterisk? Or is
> there any other way to accomplish this?
>
> --
> Zeeshan A Zakaria

Zeeshan A Zakaria