[asterisk-users] how to configure softphones in asterisk server

Matt Riddell lists at venturevoip.com
Mon Nov 9 20:02:19 CST 2009

On 10/11/09 4:08 AM, C. Savinovich wrote:
> He wrote me too.  I would have helped him, but the name on the email address
> threw me off.

Poor guy - language/cultural barrier maybe?

Here's some tips:

1. Read Asterisk The Future of Telephony (buy a copy or download from
http://asteriskdocs.org)

2. Set up sip.conf/iax.conf based on what type of softphone

3. Download a softphone - I've listed a few here:

http://www.venturevoip.com/news.php?rssid=2188

4. Make calls :D

The most important step is number 1 - once you get the hang of Asterisk
the rest will be easy :D

--
Cheers,

Matt Riddell