[asterisk-users] SendText

Matt Riddell lists at venturevoip.com
Mon Nov 9 19:59:06 CST 2009

On 10/11/09 12:58 PM, Thomas Perron wrote:
> Does anyone have any success with sending a text message from
> extensions.conf
> to an PSTN endpoint such as a cell phone?
>
> If so, kindly send configuration for this part.  I am working on an IVR
> and want
> callers to get a text message at a particular part of the call, after
> dialing a defined character (such as 22).

We use clickatel.

Basically we use the PHP API and call it via an AGI which sends texts.

Therefore the extensions.conf is pretty sparse:

exten => s,1,Read(destination)
exten => s,2,AGI(agi://127.0.0.1/send_sms.php)

Pseudo code for send_sms is:

1. Read AGI variables
2. Get destination variable
3. Include clickatel API file
4. call send_sms function

We also provide an API from our telephone exchanges, but to be fair
you're likely better off just using clickatel yourself :D

--
Cheers,

Matt Riddell
Director