[asterisk-users] local channels

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Mon Nov 9 14:38:15 CST 2009

> Jerry Geis wrote:
> />/ where:
> />/ [my_context]
> />/ exten => my_priority,1,Answer()
> />/ exten => my_priority,n,Dial(${LOCAL_DIAL})
> />/
> />/ and LOCAL_DIAL has the actual phone number to dial.
> />/
> />/ The first call goes through just fine and I see DAHDI/1/XXXX being
> />/ called. The second call I see
> />/ DAHDI/2/XXXX and a message about everyone is busy on congested.
> />/
> />/ I presume I can have more than one local channel active? My AMI channel
> />/ line is:
> />/ with the LOCAL_DIAL set.
> /
> That is correct.
>
> It sounds like your need to make sure you're using the same trunk
> group within DAHDI over and over:
>
>    Dial(DAHDI/1/${LOCAL_DIAL})

Alex,

My Dial() command is Dial($LOCAL_DIAL) and for the first call
it is DAHDI/1/XXXX and for the second call it is DAHDI/2/XXX.
My LOCAL_DIAL has the complete dial command DAHDI/xx/YYYY
So I am using line 1 and line 2 of the PRI connection.
I dont see why the second call is saying - everyone busy or congested at
this time.

These are the only 2 calls active. One on line 1 and one on line 2.
Only 2 of the 23 lines available am I using. All 23 lines are in the
same group.

How do I tell why it thinks its busy? Thanks,

Jerry