[asterisk-users] got SIP response 482 "Loop Detected" back from xx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Jelle de Jong jelledejong at powercraft.nl
Mon Nov 9 11:06:39 CST 2009

Hello everybody,

This is my first post to this mailing list, so welcome everybody and
thanks for the great community around asterisk.

I few weeks back I got control over an asterisk server and was asked
to create a number forwarding by the means of the configuration files.

With the help of the asterisk book[1] and the people at #asterisk I
changed and tested the extensions.conf and thought everyting was
working. [1] http://www.asteriskdocs.org/

I made the following changes to create the forwarding:

# diff extensions.conf for forwarding settings.
http://debian.pastebin.com/da7a5d85

However sometimes *but* not always something goes horrible wrong and
the connection drops. After further inquiring the other side tell me
they see they are getting called but when they pick-up they hear a
"busy signal" and the connection is dropped. The asterisk sip debug
output on my side show a that there is some sort of loop detected
followed by the destruction of the connection.

My test call is from 0612182441 to 0208910330, and the wanted
forwarding goes from 0208910330 to 0356929276.

# an4705*CLI> sip debug of failed call
http://debian.pastebin.com/d5b98bbd4

# an4705*CLI> sip debug of successful call
http://debian.pastebin.com/d3027639c

And this is my complete extensions.conf

# cat /etc/asterisk/extensions.conf
http://debian.pastebin.com/d348c9262

Can somebody help me?

I am not an asterisk expert and issues like sometimes it works and
sometimes it are harder to debug. What should I do to get a all time
working forwarding.

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Jelle