[asterisk-users] E1 Extensions.conf

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Mon Nov 9 05:28:34 CST 2009

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 09, 2009 at 12:52:15PM +0200, Khaled W Chehab wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a digium card (igium, Inc. Wildcard TE405P quad-span T1/E1/J1 card
> 5.0V (rev 02)) 4 ports
>
> I want to make a  loop test between digium card E1  to test the
> configuration of dahdi

This is fairly simple. But I figure it is best that you actually
understand what happens here.

> What I want to do scenario is
>
> I connect port 1 and port4 in the digium card with E1 cable
>
> SIPcall-->E1 Digium port 1--->(Loop)E1 port 2---->sip extension local.

In this scenario we have several different Asterisk channels:

1. SIPcall -> E1-port1

Incoming call from SIP generates a SIP channel. The dialplan context for
it is set in sip.conf .

You want it to generate a call to some DAHDI channel. This could be done
using e.g. Dial(DAHDI/g1)  (why g1? To what channels does it refer? See
documentation in chan_dahdi.conf to see  why I set it like that. Much of
it is arbitrary).

2. E1-port1 -> E1-port2

Loopback cable.

It seems that you connected port 1 to port 4 rather than to port 2,
right?

3. E1-port2 -> sip extension

Now we have an incoming DAHDI call. The dialplan context is set from
'context' in chan_dahdi.conf (where exactly?) . Now you'll probably need
to use some dialplan such as:

  Dial(SIP/your-local-sip-extension)

--
               Tzafrir Cohen