[asterisk-users] Help with concurrent VoIP calls

John Timms johngtimms at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 15:45:49 CST 2009

Hi Fred.

The NIC chip is a Realtek RTL8101E, on the motherboard. Network is
Bellsouth => modem/router => Asterisk
Yes, I am using NAT (assuming you mean that the Asterisk server does
not have its own public IP address)
Endpoints are outside the network, just standard POTS phones. Vitelity
is my SIP provider.
By "fast" I mean the best Business DSL Bellsouth has to offer: "Up to
6.0 Mbps downstream - Up to 512 Kbps upstream"
I've used iftop on my server while running calls, and I'm under 200
Kbps while my calls are running.

John Timms