[asterisk-users] Best dahdi switchtype to emulate (network side)?

Jonathan Thurman jthurman42 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 14:22:07 CST 2009

We are connecting a new device to our voice system, and the vendor has
a whole list of "supported" network devices and associated parameters
for the Telco to adjust...  Yes, it's the telcos issue...  Anyway, out
of all of the swtich types that dahdi can emulate, what is the most
complete/tunable solution?

The premise for those interested is a PRI connection to a Dialogic
card, channels 1-10 inbound, the rest outbound.  The vendor states
that their point of view, if the CO has a DMS100 that is the easiest
(PRI, 1-23, NI1, B8ZS, 10 channel choke for inbound).  I won't type
the two pages of "CO tweaks" for a 5ess...  I also don't want the
monthly reoccurring when we have multiple PRIs to tie into as it is.

Thanks for the input!

-Jonathan