[asterisk-users] Asterisk on a MiniITX board+Atom1.6 2gb+Sangoma USB?

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 10:03:23 CST 2009

On 04/11/09 16:44, veselin at campbell-lange.net wrote:
> Hello,
> does this sound as a good combination, mini-itx board with Atom
> dual core 1.6ghz 2G ram and a sangoma USB?
>
> For a setup with PSTN for incoming and IAX2(alaw/gsm) for outgoing calls.
>
> - Would you say its a good choice from a hardware perspective?
> - Roughly how many concurrent calls would one of these be able to handle?

Hi,

I've been running Asterisk on a VIA C7 Nano board for nearly 2 years. We
have two IAX2 numbers inbound and an IAX-IAX trunk to our other office,
an X100p for an analogue line backup and various sip extensions.

The box also acts as my development server, home file server and plenty
of other stuff too. Oh, yes, it's downclocked to 1Ghz and has 1GB of RAM.

Processing capacity is not really the limitation. The speed of your
upstream broadband line is the most restrictive aspect.

We don't do any transcoding it's all G.711.

HTH

Alan