[asterisk-users] Unexpected control subclass '-1'

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Fri Nov 6 09:22:40 CST 2009

Carlos Chavez wrote:
> 	I have been getting the following message every time I make a call for
> the past few months:
>
> [Nov  2 13:08:18] WARNING[9859]: file.c:1273 waitstream_core: Unexpected
> control subclass '-1'
>
> 	Everything seems to be working so I do not know if this is important.
> I am using Asterisk 1.4.26.1 (upgrading today to .2) with Asterisk
> Addons 1.4.9, Zaptel 1.4.12.1, Libpri 1.4.10 (upgrading to 1.4.10.1
> today).  What does this message mean?

You can safely ignore it.  If you'd like to post a note to
issues.asterisk.org, we can make it go away.

Asterisk uses "control frames" as an internal messaging mechanism for
certain types of signaling between channels.  A "control subclass" is a
type of control message.  An example of a subclass would be RINGING to
indicate that the far end has sent us a message to say that they are
ringing.  A subclass of -1 basically means "stop whatever I told you
last".  If the last message was RINGING, a -1 means to stop that indication.

--
Russell Bryant
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager, Open Source Software