[asterisk-users] Asterisk on a MiniITX board+Atom1.6 2gb+Sangoma USB?

Michael Graves mgraves at mstvp.com
Fri Nov 6 06:43:51 CST 2009

On Wed, 4 Nov 2009 16:44:02 +0000, veselin at campbell-lange.net wrote:

>Hello,
>does this sound as a good combination, mini-itx board with Atom
>dual core 1.6ghz 2G ram and a sangoma USB?
>
>For a setup with PSTN for incoming and IAX2(alaw/gsm) for outgoing calls.
>
>- Would you say its a good choice from a hardware perspective?
>- Roughly how many concurrent calls would one of these be able to handle?

Probably as much as your bandwidth can handle. Check ont the voip wiki
(http://www.voip-info.org) and use the search term "dimensioning."
You'll find lots of older references to systems running at 400 MHz - 1
GHz passing many calls as long as they don't transcode between codecs.

I myself have a little FIT-PC2 that I'm starting to use for Asterisk.
It's basically a netbook, like the hardware you describe, but tiny and
very low power. Ideal for a small office or home office.

Michael
--
Michael Graves
mgraves<at>mstvp.com