[asterisk-users] Setting up an automatic Fax Call Back service

Andreas N. Hagen andreas.hagen at vodafone.co.nz
Fri Nov 6 05:29:53 CST 2009

Hi,

I would like to setup a call back fax server so that people can test a fax machine configuration.

The initiator sends a fax to my number that is hooked up to a d-link data/voice/fax modem.

The fax-modem is connected to an Asterisk server.  Soon after receiving the message I would like the Asterisk server to dial out and fax the received message back to the iniator.

I plan to use a PSTN line to do this.  But if there is a free Voip alternative for sending and receiving faxes ;o)????

I plan to make this available to the ICT community in my area at no charge.

Any advice as to where I should start to look or if this has been done before would be welcome.

Regards,
Andreas

PS The server will use the AsteriskNOW-1.5.0-i386-1of1AsteriskNOW-1.5.0-i386-1of1 distribution.