[asterisk-users] [VUC] Friday Nov 6 @ 12 Noon EST: Village Telco

Randy R randulo2008 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 02:19:13 CST 2009

Hello from http://VUC.me or voipusersconference.org

This week on the VoIP Users Conference we welcome the Village Telco
Project  [http://www.villagetelco.org/ ] self-described as "an
easy-to-use, scalable, standards-based, wireless, local,
do-it-yourself, telephone company toolkit".

This is an inspiring project with the stated ambition: "... to render
local telephony in developing countries to be so cheap as to be
virtually free.  Thanks to advances in Open Source telephony software
and the dramatic decrease in the cost of wireless broadband
technology, we think this is entirely possible."

They are developing open hardware as well: "In a nutshell, the Village
Telco needs an affordable device to connect customers to the meshed
WiFi network. The Mesh Potato will dramatically reduce the cost of a
Village Telco startup"

Please join us this week to learn more about this original and worthy
project. We have a very wide range of ways you can be a part of our
community, thanks to the efforts of members of the same community:

Your local time of next conference: http://VUC.me/next

Audio live communication channels:

SIP g722 wideband  200901 at login.zipdx.com
SIP g711 7463#22622#1 at proxy.ideasip.com
Skype Call vuc.me or if your bandwidth is limited, low def using skype:ld.vuc.me
POTS +1 567 252 2286

Text channels:
IRC #voip-users-conference
Google Wave search for VUC or try http://VUC.me/nextwave