[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.4 remote pickup

Matt Riddell lists at venturevoip.com
Fri Nov 6 00:07:36 CST 2009

On 6/11/09 3:37 AM, Antony Stone wrote:
> On Thursday 05 November 2009 14:28, Danny Nicholas wrote:
>
>>> Hi.
>>>
>>> I have several Asterisk 1.4.21 machines, each with ISDN cards in them, and
>>> Polycom SIP phones on people's desks.
>
>>> I'm trying to work out how to provide a remote pickup facility along the
>>> following lines:
>

>> The "normal" (as defined in features.conf) way to pick the call would be
>> *82233.  Features.conf defines *8 as a "global pickup" to be followed by an
>> extension.
>
> Thanks, I'll investigate this and see if that works instead.

What we do is create an Asterisk database entry:

Pickup/NUMBER/GROUP

Where NUMBER is the extension, and Group is the Pickup Group.

We then set pickup mark variable in the macro that dials the extension.

Then if someone dials *79 (or whatever) it picks up the group that the
person dialling *79 is in.

I.E.

* Call goes to Jon (who is in group 3)
* He is away from his desk
* Jane dials *79 (also in group 3) and picks up the call

If Fred (in group 5) were to dial *79 he would not pick up the call.

Names have been changed to protect the innocent :D

--
Cheers,

Matt Riddell
Director