[asterisk-users] Question about callerid?

Martin Joseph astmac at stillnewt.org
Thu Nov 5 22:57:43 CST 2009

Hello again Asterisk people.

I am running Asterisk 1.42 on an old PowerPC ibook.  I have had this
deployed for several years now, with pretty good results.

Recently I added a callerid service to my landline (qwest).

I am using the audiocodes MP114 2fxo/2fxs gateway, which is an
outstanding piece of hardware once it's configured (lol).

Anyhow,  I can see that the gateway is passing caller id info to
asterisk because the console will display something like:

[Nov  4 13:01:19] NOTICE[32]: chan_sip.c:13362 handle_request_invite:
Failed to authenticate user "SEATTLE SCHOOLS" <sip:2062524320 at 89.89.89.253
 >;tag=1c492497235

So the caller ID info is right there.

However on my extensions (or softphones) the id shows as the extension
# (ie 2003).

Is there something I need to do to set the callerid?  I can't seem to
find this in the examples?

Thanks in advance for helping with my (I am sure) stupid question...

Marty